Services & Programs
Port Lincoln Regional Domestic Violence Service
- Support is not dependant upon accommodation, and workers will work with clients in safe locations suitable to the client.
Domestic violence counselling
- Case workers are skilled and experienced in counselling for domestic violence, and Indigenous family violence.
- Case workers will assist with accommodation options that are available.
- Much importance is also placed on the needs of children who have witnessed/experienced domestic violence. Support is provided to mothers, and/or children may be referred to the Children's Wellbeing Program.
The Children's Wellbeing Program
- Specialist Children's Workers provide opportunities for children to work through their feelings by engaging in play therapy, art therapy and sand-tray therapy.
- A range of supports are offered, including emotional and practical supports such as transport, and use of facilities.
- Yarredi workers are familiar working within the systems that exist in our communities, and can assist with 'navigation' through these, and speak up for clients if their 'voices' are not being heard.
'Gateway' and Referral Service
- Yarredi provides an entry point into a range of homelessness services.
- Referrals to other appropriate or complementary services or agencies will be a supported and 'seamless' process.
- Clients are empowered through the provision of a range of information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- All workers operate within a client-centred case management framework, offering support to clients to set their own goals and make their own decisions.
- Yarredi offers a range of group programs throughout the year, including some in partnership with other agencies. Programs run during school terms, and creche is generally provided if required.
Time to Shine
An 8 week program designed to provide women with the tools to re-connect, explore and discover more about themselves. Refer to 'News' for upcoming groups.
Offered in partnership with Uniting Care Wesley Country SA, Country and Outback Health, and Kirton Point Children's Centre.
- A range of community development programs are available.
- For information about support with groups, training or guest speakers please contact the Executive Officer